2019 Little League World Series
The 2019 Little League World Series was the 73rd Little League World Series. The team from River Ridge, LA won the title, defeating the team from Willemstad, Curacao in the finale, 8-0. It was the first tournament win ever for a team from Louisiana, and it was all the more remarkable because River Ridge had lost its opening game, to Wailuku, HI, before going undefeated the rest of the way.
- Willemstad 11, Sydney, New South Wales 0. Shendrion Martinus throws a no-hitter in a four-inning mercy rule win.
- Other games rained out
- Chofu, Tokyo 20, Bologna, Emilia-Romagna 0. Yuto Misaki hits a grand slam while Ritsu Nishikawa, Yuto Kakeba and Misaki combine on a shutout.
- Loudoun County, VA 3, Barrington, RI 0. Justin Lee, Liam Thyen and Chase Obstgarten team up on a no-hitter.
- Chungnam Province 10, Maracaibo, Zulia 3.
- Coon Rapids, MN/Andover, MN 2, Bowling Green, KY 1. Jameson Kuznia wins the opener for the Midwest team.
- Wailuku, HI 5, River Ridge, LA 2.
- Guadalupe, Nuevo León 5, Coquitlam, BC 0. Santiago Leija fans 11 in the win.
- Elizabeth, NJ 6, Salem, OR 2.
- Maracaibo, Zulia 2, Sydney, New South Wales 0. In a day of elimination round games, Randy Soto throws a 3-hitter as Australia is blanked again.
- Barrington, RI 6, Bowling Green, KY 1. Lucas Tanous drives in 3 for New England.
- Coquitlam, BC 10, Bologna, Emilia-Romagna 0. Canada advances with a four-inning mercy rule rout.
- River Ridge, LA 3, Salem, OR 2. Egan Prather steals home on a double steal and Reece Roussel adds a two-run double for the Southwest entry as it wins.
- Wailuku, HI 6, Elizabeth, NJ 0. Hawaii completes a game suspended by rain yesterday.
- Maracaibo, Zulia 8, Guadalupe, Nuevo León 7.
- Willemstad 8, Coquitlam, BC 1. Kevin Rosina threw a three-hitter for the win.
- Bowling Green, KY 4, Sydney, New South Wales 1. Kentucky takes a consolation game as Lucas Gallardo gets Australia's only run this Series.
- River Ridge, LA 10, Coon Rapids, MN 0. Marshall Louque and William Andrade team up on a four-inning shutout in a mercy rule win.
- Elizabeth, NJ 2, Barrington, RI 0. A Sal Garcia double is the big hit for New Jersey.
- Willemstad 9, Maracaibo, Zulia 2
- Salem, OR 4, Bologna, Emilia-Romagna 3. Oregon gets a win in a close consolation game.
- Wailuku, HI 12, Loudoun County, VA 9. Loudoun County finally allows a run - 12 of them - in their first loss. Hawaii moves to the semifinals.
- River Ridge, LA 4, Elizabeth, NJ 1. Eastbank knocked out New Jersey.
- Chofu, Tokyo 7, Chungnam Province 2. Japan moves into a semifinal.
- River Ridge, LA 10, Loudoun County, VA 0. River Ridge moves on to the semifinals.
- Willemstad 5, Chungnam Province 3. Willemstad also takes a semifinal spot.
- River Ridge, LA 9, Wailuku, HI 5. Louisiana avenges their lone loss to become the first team from their state to make it to the finals.
- Willemstad 5, Chofu, Tokyo 4. Japan gets handed its first loss as Curacao goes to the finals.
- River Ridge, LA 8, Willemstad 0. Egan Prather throws a two-hitter as Louisiana wins its first title.
- Manny Randhawa: "Louisiana beats Curacao for Little League crown", mlb.com, August 25, 2019.