BR Bullpen:News Archive
This is an archive of items that were featured on the Main Page as part of Current Events.
- June 4: Pitcher Casey Mize from Auburn University is the first overall pick in the 2018 amateur draft, by the Detroit Tigers.
- June 2: Augustana College wins the 2018 Division II College World Series in their first appearance in the Series.
- May 29: The University of Texas at Tyler wins the 2018 Division III College World Series for their first title.
- May 8: James Paxton of the Seattle Mariners pitches a no-hitter against the Toronto Blue Jays. It is only the second ever no-hitter by a Canadian-born pitcher, and is also achieved on Canadian soil.
- May 5: Mike Martin of Florida State University becomes the winningest coach in NCAA Division I history with 1,976 wins, passing Augie Garrido.
- May 4: Walker Buehler, Tony Cingrani, Yimi Garcia and Adam Liberatore combine to pitch a no-hitter in Monterrey, Mexico, the first major league no-hitter thrown outside of the United States or Canada.
- May 4: Albert Pujols becomes the 32nd member of the 3,000 hit club.
- April 21: The Argentinian national team wins the 2018 South American Championship. Diego Echeverría is named MVP.
- April 21: Sean Manaea of the Athletics pitches the first no-hitter of the major league season, defeating the Red Sox, 3-0.
- February 11: The Brisbane Bandits win the 2017-2018 Australian Baseball League, their third consecutive title.
- February 8: The Criollos de Caguas win their second straight Caribbean Series title, and fifth overall, by defeating Águilas Cibaeñas in the final game of the 2018 Caribbean Series. Anthony García is named Caribbean Series MVP.
- February 6: The Caribbean Baseball Hall of Fame inducts Darryl Brinkley, Jaime Orozco and Cornelio García
- February 1: The Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame announces its class of 2018: Pedro Martinez, Lloyd Moseby and William Humber.
- January 31: The Águilas Cibaeñas win their 21st Dominican League championship, but first in a decade.
- January 28: Granma wins the 2017-2018 Cuban Serie Nacional to defend their title.
- January 28: The Tomateros de Culiacán take the Mexican Pacific League title.
- January 27: The Criollos de Caguas win the Puerto Rican League championship for the 18th time, tying a record.
- January 27: The Caribes de Anzoátegui win their third Venezuelan League title.
- January 24: The BBWAA elects four players to the Hall of Fame: Chipper Jones, Jim Thome, Trevor Hoffman and Vladimir Guerrero
- January 15: The 2018 Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame Election results are announced. Winning entry to the Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame are Hideki Matsui, Tomoaki Kanemoto, Tatsunori Hara and Masao Taki.
- January 13: Hall of Fame umpire Doug Harvey passes away at the age of 87.