Donald Eugene Conley
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 8", Weight 225 lb.
- School Washington State University
- High School Columbia High School (Richland)
- Debut April 17, 1952
- Final Game September 21, 1963
- Born November 10, 1930 in Muskogee, OK USA
- Died July 4, 2017 in Foxborough, MA USA
Gene Conley won both a World Series title in 1957 with the Milwaukee Braves and three NBA titles with the Boston Celtics in 1959, 1960, and 1961, while also pitching for the Boston Red Sox during the 1961 season. Conley, who pitched 11 seasons in the majors, finished #3 in the 1954 National League Rookie of the Year Award voting, behind Wally Moon and Ernie Banks but ahead of Hank Aaron.
Conley was the first man to win the Sporting News Minor League Player of the Year award twice, doing so in 1951 with Hartford of the Eastern League and in 1953 with Toledo of the American Association. Three decades later, Sandy Alomar Jr. won the award in 1988 and 1989 to become the second player, though Alomar split the 1988 award with Gary Sheffield.
Among his better major league seasons were 1954 (when he went 14-9), 1955 (when he was 11-7), 1959 (he was 12-7) and 1962 (when he was 15-14). He was a teammate of Hank Aaron, Warren Spahn, Eddie Mathews, Richie Ashburn, Robin Roberts, Sparky Anderson and Carl Yastrzemski in baseball and Bob Cousy, Bill Russell and Bill Sharman in basketball.
- 1951 Minor League Player of the Year, Hartford Chiefs, Eastern League
- 1953 Minor League Player of the Year, Toledo Mud Hens, American Association
- 1953 MVP American Association, Toledo Mud Hens
- 3-time NL All-Star (1954, 1955 & 1959)
- 15 Wins Seasons: 1 (1962)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1962)
- Won a World Series with the Milwaukee Braves in 1957
- John R. Husman: "Gene Conley", in Gregory H. Wolf, ed.: Thar's Joy in Braveland: The 1957 Milwaukee Braves, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2014, pp. 49-53. ISBN 978-1933599717
- Daniel E. Slotnik: "Gene Conley, Dual-Sport Threat With World Series and N.B.A. Titles, Dies at 86", The New York Times, July 5, 2017.