4/8/2018, From the management: We have moved the Bullpen over to a new temporary server and a new permanent type of setup. It's a bit much to explain here, but I think it's working. Please let me know on User_talk:Admin if you see any issues. Thank you as always for your support.
New Orleans Zephyrs
- Location: New Orleans, LA
- League: American Association 1993-1997; Pacific Coast League 1998-2016
- Affiliation: Milwaukee Brewers 1993-1996; Houston Astros 1997-2004; Washington Nationals 2005-2006; New York Mets 2007-2008; Florida Marlins 2009-2011; Miami Marlins 2012-2016
- Ballpark: Privateer Park 1993-1996; Zephyr Field 1997-2016
The New Orleans Zephyrs began play in 1993 when the Denver Zephyrs of the American Association moved to the city after Denver was awarded an expansion franchise in the National League. New Orleans had previously hosted an American Association franchise called the New Orleans Pelicans, who played in the Louisiana Superdome in 1977 (the name Pelicans harkened back to the team of the same name which played in the Southern Association from 1901 to 1959). The Zephyrs moved to the Pacific Coast League when the American Association folded after the 1997 season. In 1998, their first season in the PCL, the team went on to win the Triple-A World Series.
In 2001, the Zephyrs had the second-best regular-season record behind the Tacoma Rainiers. They won the first round of the playoffs against the Iowa Cubs, but the finals were cancelled in the wake of the attacks of September 11th and New Orleans and Tacoma were declared co-champions. In 2005, the club cancelled its final three home games due to Hurricane Katrina. On April 22, 2016 it was announced that the team would be changing their name following the season. The new name was the New Orleans Baby Cakes.
- Pacific Coast League Playoff Champions: 1998
- Pacific Coast League Playoff Co-Champions: 2001 (playoffs cancelled)
- Pacific Coast League Regular Season Champions: 2001 (tied)