2002 Futures Game
The 2002 Futures Game was played on July 7, 2002 at Miller Park. Every single run scored in the contest came in the third inning. The big hit was a bases-loaded triple by Jose Reyes off of Aaron Cook. Reyes won the Larry Doby Award as the game's big star; he was retired in his other at-bat. 3B Miguel Cabrera and OF Andres Torres both had two hits for the World club, while US CF Marlon Byrd had two of the three hits for his side. The World's 3-hit pitching was provided by John Stephens, Ricardo Rodriguez, Gerardo Garcia, Seung Song, Franklyn German, Edwin Almonte, Jorge de la Rosa, Francis Beltran and Francisco Rodriguez. Cook allowed all the US's runs in just a third of an inning of work and picked up the loss.
- P: Brad Baker, Sean Burnett, Aaron Cook, Ryan Dittfurth, Brett Evert, Jimmy Journell, Josh Karp, Brett Myers, Billy Traber, Adam Wainwright, Jason Young
- C: John Buck, Kevin Cash
- IF: Bill Hall, Corey Hart, Drew Henson, Orlando Hudson, Lyle Overbay, Brandon Phillips, Jason Stokes, Chad Tracy
- OF: Joe Borchard, Marlon Byrd, Carl Crawford, Michael Restovich
- P: Edwin Almonte, Erik Bedard, Francis Beltrán, Jorge de la Rosa, Gerardo García, Franklyn German, Francisco Liriano, Francisco Rodríguez, Ricardo Rodriguez, Seung Song, John Stephens
- C: Justin Huber, Victor Martinez
- IF: Angel Berroa, Miguel Cabrera, Hee-Seop Choi, Víctor Díaz, Omar Infante, José López, Justin Morneau, Jose Reyes
- OF: Tony Alvarez, Shin-Soo Choo, Wily Mo Peña, Andrés Torres
Source: 2003 Baseball Almanac
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
Subscribe to Stathead Baseball: Get your first month FREE
Your All-Access Ticket to the Baseball Reference Database
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.