- Location: Tacoma, WA
- League: Pacific Northwest League 1901-1902; Pacific National League 1903; Pacific Coast League 1904-1905; Northwestern League 1906-1917; Pacific Coast International League 1918; Northwest International League 1919; Pacific Coast International League 1920-1921; Western International League 1922, 1937-1942, 1946-1951; Pacific Coast League 1980-1994
- Affiliation: Chicago Cubs 1946-1947; San Diego Padres 1948; Cleveland Indians 1950, 1980; Oakland A's 1981-1994
- Ballpark: Cheney Stadium 1980-1994
The Tacoma Tigers were members of the Pacific Coast League in 1904-05. The Tigers later were members of the Pacific Coast International League in 1918, the 1919 Northwest International League, the Pacific Coast International League again in '20-'21 and the Western International League in 1922 and again from 1937-1951, with a break from 43-45 due to World War II.
The name was revived in 1980 when the Tacoma Tugs, a Cleveland Indians farm club in the Pacific Coast League, became the Tigers. The next year the team affiliated with the Oakland Athletics, a combination that lasted 14 seasons. After the 1994 season, the Tigers became an affiliate of the Seattle Mariners and became known as the Tacoma Rainiers.
- Jim Price: "You want stars, titles, nicknames? Tacoma's got 'em", in Mark Armour, ed.: Rain Check: Baseball in the Pacific Northwest, Society for American Baseball Research, Cleveland, OH, 2006, pp. 76-81.