Michael Richard Adair
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 0", Weight 175 lb.
- School Western Carolina University
- High School Spartanburg High School
- Born January 19, 1958 in Spartanburg, SC USA
Since then, he has spent most of his career as a minor league pitching coach. He was a minor league coach for the Cleveland Indians from 1986 to 1991, then a member of the major league coaching staff in 1992 and 1993. Adair was with the San Diego Padres organization in 1994, then joined the Detroit Tigers in 1995. He was a AAA pitching coach and minor league pitching coordinator, then was a big league coach from 1997 to 1999. From there he moved to the Atlanta Braves for three years as a minor league pitching instructor.
Adair spent 2003 as the pitching coach for the Toronto Blue Jays' Double-A affiliate in the Eastern League, the New Hampshire Fisher Cats, before being named Minor League Pitching Coordinator for the Texas Rangers. On December 3, 2008 Adair was named Major League Pitching Coach for the Seattle Mariners, returning to the organization that drafted him, under new manager Don Wakamatsu, in 2009. He was fired after the 2010 season and then found work as bullpen coach of the Baltimore Orioles under Buck Showalter in 2011. On June 14th of that year, he was promoted to pitching coach when Mark Connor retired. He took a leave of absence from the job for personal reasons in 2013 and decided not return after the season.
Adair is the nephew of former big leaguer Art Fowler and a cousin to Wayne Tolleson and Mike Tolleson (first cousin, once removed). He is therefor also related to Steve Tolleson. He is the father of Travis Adair. He primarily wore number 24.
- 1987 Coach Waterloo Indians
- 1988 Pitching coach Kinston Indians
- 1989-1991 Pitching coach Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- 1992-1993 Pitching coach Cleveland Indians
- 1994 Pitching coach Wichita Wranglers
- 1995 Pitching coach Toledo Mud Hens
- 1996 Roving minor league pitching coach Detroit Tigers
- 1997-1999 Pitching coach Detroit Tigers
- 2000-2003 Minor league pitching coordinator Atlanta Braves
- 2004 Pitching coach New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- 2005-2008 Minor league pitching coordinator Texas Rangers
- 2005 Interim pitching coach Frisco Rough Riders
- 2009-2010 Major League Pitching Coach Seattle Mariners
- 2011 Major League Bullpen Coach Baltimore Orioles
- 2011-2013 Major League Pitching Coach, Baltimore Orioles