- Location: Albuquerque, NM
- League: Pacific Coast League 2003-2019; Triple-A West 2021-
- Class: AAA
- Affiliation: Florida Marlins 2003-2008; Los Angeles Dodgers 2009-2014; Colorado Rockies 2015-2019; Colorado Rockies 2021-
- Ballpark: Isotopes Park
The team's name is a play on an episode of the television show The Simpsons in which Albuquerque tries to lure away Simpsons' hometown team, the Minor League Springfield Isotopes. At the time the episode aired, Albuquerque was temporarily without a team, and when one moved there it was decided to name the team the Isotopes at least in part because of the TV episode. The name is also appropriate because New Mexico was the home to the first nuclear weapons test in history and remains the home of two nuclear research laboratories, Los Alamos National Laboratory and Sandia National Laboratories.
The Isotopes hosted the 2007 AAA All-Star Game and festivities at their stadium in Albuquerque.
In 2007, the Isotopes won Baseball America's Freitas Award, given to a minor league team at each classification level for oustanding operations.
- Albuquerque Isotopes Baseball Club
- Summary of the Simpsons episode in which Albuquerque tries to lure away the Isotopes