Players who were born here / Players who died here
Canada is the country that comprises the northern portion of North America. Two major league teams in baseball history have played their home games in Canada, the Montreal Expos from 1969 to 2004 and the Toronto Blue Jays since 1977.
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Notable Players born in Canada
- John Axford
- Jason Bay
- Erik Bedard
- Reggie Cleveland
- Ryan Dempster
- Eric Gagné, the 2002 NL Cy Young Award winner
- Jack Graney
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- Jeff Heath
- Ferguson Jenkins, the 1971 NL Cy Young Award winner, member of the Hall of Fame
- Russell Martin
- Kirk McCaskill
- Justin Morneau, the 2006 AL MVP
- Terry Puhl
- Paul Quantrill
- James Paxton
- Claude Raymond
- George Selkirk
- Matt Stairs
- Joey Votto, the 2010 NL MVP
- Larry Walker, the 1997 NL MVP, member of the Hall of Fame
- Pete Ward
- Chris Bumbaca: "With no MLB north of the border in 2020, a look back at most memorable baseball moments on Canadian soil", USA Today, July 19, 2020. 
- Bob Elliott: The Northern Game: Baseball the Canadian Way, Sport Classic Books, Toronto, ON, 2006.
- William Humber: Cheering for the Home Team: The Story of Baseball in Canada, Boston Mills Press, Erin, ON, 1983. ISBN 978-0919822542
- William Humber, ed. : All I thought about was baseball: Writings on a Canadian pastime, University of Toronto Press, Toronto, ON, 1996. ISBN 978-0802072375
- Andrew North, ed.: Our Game, Too: Influential Figures and Milestones in Canadian Baseball, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2022. ISBN 978-1-970159-82-0
- Jim Shearer: Canada's Baseball Legends: True Stories of Canadians in the Big Leagues since 1879, Malin Head Press, Ottawa, ON, 1994.
- Jim Shearer: Over the Fence Is Out!: The Larry Walker Story and more of Canada's Baseball Legends, Malin Head Press, Ottawa, ON, 2009.
- Jon C. Stott: Canadian Minor League Baseball: A History Since World War II, McFarland, Jefferson, NC, 2022. ISBN 978-0-7864-6992-5
- Barry Swanton and Jay-Dell Mah: Black Baseball Players in Canada: A Biographical Dictionary 1881-1960, McFarland, Jefferson, NC, 2009.
- Christian Trudeau: "Out of Here: Home Runs in Canada", The Baseball Research Journal, SABR, Volume 40, Number 2 (Fall 2011), pp. 73-78.
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
Subscribe to Stathead Baseball: Get your first month FREE
Your All-Access Ticket to the Baseball Reference Database
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.