4/19/2018, From the management: We have moved the Bullpen over to its new permanent server setup. It's a bit much to explain here, but I think it's working mostly. We have an issue where some requests are blocked due to too many images on a page. I'm working on fixing that issue today. Please let me know on User_talk:Admin if you see any issues. Thank you as always for your support.
1991 Minnesota Twins
(Redirected from 1991 Twins)
1991 Minnesota Twins / Franchise: Minnesota Twins / BR Team Page
World Series Champs
Managed by Tom Kelly
History, Comments, Contributions
The 1991 Minnesota Twins went from last place in the AL West in 1990 to first place in all of baseball in 1991. Along with the players who made the All-Star team or received postseason honors, their stars included Scott Erickson, Kent Hrbek, and Chili Davis. However, it was the relatively obscure utility player Gene Larkin who delivered the game-winning single in Game 7 of the memorable 1991 World Series against the Atlanta Braves.
Awards and Honors
- All-Stars: Rick Aguilera, Jack Morris and Kirby Puckett
- AL Rookie of the Year Award: Chuck Knoblauch
- Topps All-Star Rookie Team: Chuck Knoblauch (2B)
- Gold Glove: Kirby Puckett (OF)
- AL Manager of the Year Award: Tom Kelly
- Tim Wendel: Down to the Last Pitch: How the 1991 Minnesota Twins and Atlanta Braves Gave Us the Best World Series of All Time, Da Capo Press, Boston, MA, 2014. ISBN 978-0306822766