Stephen Charles Filipowicz (Flip)
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 8", Weight 195 lb.
- School Fordham University
- Debut September 3, 1944
- Final Game October 3, 1948
- Born June 28, 1921 in Donora, PA USA
- Died February 21, 1975 in Wilkes-Barre, PA USA
Filipowicz was at Fordham University from 1940-43, overlapping the time spent there by George Elder and Chris Haughey. He was with the New York Giants in 1944-45 while they were managed by Mel Ott and players included Ernie Lombardi and Joe Medwick, and then came back in 1948 for seven games with the 1948 Reds, hitting .346.
Filipowicz was a star halfback in high school, and also played football in college, including in the 1941 Rose Bowl. He played for the New York Giants NFL football team in 1945-46.