Christopher Francis Haughey (Bud)
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 180 lb.
- School Fordham University, St. John's University
- Debut October 3, 1943
- Final Game October 3, 1943
- Born October 3, 1925 in Astoria, NY USA
Chris Haughey was one of only 2 teenagers ever to make his ML debut on his birthday (Larry Dierker was the other).
His debut came on the last day of the 1943 season. Soon after, he joined the Army and served as a communications instructor, training radio operators. His commanding officer prevented him from playing baseball for the base team with other pro baseball players.
He returned to the minor leagues in 1946, but never to the majors.
- Richard Tellis: Once Around The Bases, Triumph Books, Chicago, 1998, pp. 72-80.