2013 Korea Baseball Organization
(Redirected from 2013 KBO)
The 2013 Korea Baseball Organization season was the 32nd for the KBO. The league saw the addition of a 9th team, the NC Dinos, the first KBO expansion since the Ssangbangwool Raiders in 1991 and a return to an odd number of teams for the first time since 1990. Former major leaguer Jae-kuk Ryu made his KBO debut. Seung-yeop Lee became the KBO's all-time home run leader when he hit #352 in June, breaking Joon-hyuk Yang's record.
The KBO MVP was Nexen Heroes first baseman, Byung-ho Park, who repeated as winner after leading in homers, RBI and runs. The Rookie of the Year was Jae-hak Lee of the NC Dinos, who went 10-5 with a 2.88 ERA.
The following players won Gold Gloves, which in the KBO go to the best overall player at each position are not a defensive (only) award.
- P: Seung-lak Son, Nexen Heroes
- C: Min-ho Kang, Lotte Giants
- 1B: Byung-ho Park, Nexen Heroes
- 2B: Keun-woo Jeong, Hanwha Eagles
- 3B: Jung Choi, SK Wyverns
- SS: Jung-ho Kang, Nexen Heroes
- OF: Yong-taik Park, LG Twins
- OF: Hyung-woo Choi, Samsung Lions
- OF: Ah-seop Son, Lotte Giants
- DH: Byung-kyu Lee, LG Twins
- Samsung Lions, 73-51-2
- LG Twins, 74-54
- Nexen Heroes, 72-54-3
- Doosan Bears, 71-54-3
- Lotte Giants, 66-58-4
- SK Wyverns, 62-63-3
- NC Dinos, 52-72-4
- KIA Tigers, 51-74-3
- Hanwha Eagles, 42-85-1
Playoffs: Doosan def. Nexen, 3 games to 2. Doosan def. LG, 3 games to 1.
2013 Korean Series: Samsung def. Doosan, 3 games to 1
- Average - Byung-kyu Lee, LG .348
- Home Runs - Byung-ho Park, Nexen 37
- RBI - Byung-ho Park, 117
- Steals - Jong-ho Kim, NC 50