Marty Ashley Pevey
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 185 lb.
- School Georgia Southern College
- High School Windsor Forest High School
- Debut May 16, 1989
- Final Game June 29, 1989
- Born December 25, 1962 in Savannah, GA USA
Catcher Marty Pevey was selected by the Minnesota Twins in the 19th round of the 1982 amateur draft. He made his pro debut that summer with the Elizabethton Twins, hitting .284 in 24 games, but was released less than two months after signing with the club. He was picked up by the St. Louis Cardinals the next spring and responded by hitting .312 with the Macon Redbirds that year. He played for the St. Petersburg Cardinals in 1984, hit .308, and made the Florida State League All-Star team. Pevey was traded to the Montreal Expos prior to the 1988 season, and he reached the majors the following year. On June 11th, 1989, he had his finest game in the majors, going 3 for 3 with a double against the Philadelphia Phillies. However, he missed the entire 1990 campaign due to injuries and never played in the majors again.
After his playing career ended, Pevey spent nine seasons as a manager in the Toronto Blue Jays farm system. He was the Jays bullpen coach in 1999 and rejoined the club as first base coach in 2006. He kept the job until June 20, 2008, when he was fired at the same time as manager John Gibbons.
In 2010-2012, Pevey was the Chicago Cubs' minor league catching coordinator.
- 1996 - Dunedin Blue Jays (Florida State League) coach
- 1996 to 1997 - Medicine Hat Blue Jays (Pioneer League) manager
- 1998 - Hagerstown Suns (South Atlantic League) manager
- 1999 - Toronto Blue Jays bullpen coach
- 2000 to 2002 - Dunedin Blue Jays (Florida State League) manager
- 2003 - New Haven Ravens (Eastern League) manager
- 2004 to 2005 - Syracuse Sky Chiefs (International League) manager
- 2005 to 2008 - Toronto Blue Jays first base coach
- 2009 - Peoria Chiefs (Midwest League) manager
- 2010 to 2012 - Chicago Cubs minor league catching coordinator
- 2013 to 2017 - Iowa Cubs manager