4/19/2018, From the management: We have moved the Bullpen over to its new permanent server setup. It's a bit much to explain here, but I think it's working mostly. We have an issue where some requests are blocked due to too many images on a page. I'm working on fixing that issue today. Please let me know on User_talk:Admin if you see any issues. Thank you as always for your support.
Rome is located in northwestern Georgia, in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains, 50 miles northwest of Atlanta, GA. It is the largest town in a region that was a major center of the textile industry until the 1950s, using cotton grown nearby.
Teams that have played here
- Rome Romans, Southeastern League (1910, 1912)
- Rome Hillies, Southeastern League (1911)
- Rome Romans, Appalachian League (1913)
- Rome Romans, Georgia-Alabama League (1914-1916)
- Rome-Lindale Romans, Georgia-Alabama League (1917)
- Rome, Georgia State League (1920-1921)
- Rome Red Sox, Georgia-Alabama League (1950-1951)
- Rome Braves, South Atlantic League (2003-present)
Persons who were born here
- Bill Atwood, catcher
- Guy Cooper, pitcher
- Charlie Culberson, infielder
- Dustin Evans, minor league pitcher
- Clifford Flagello, minor league pitcher
- Chris Jefts, minor league pitcher
- Max Manning, Negro Leagues pitcher
- Russ Mitchell, infielder
- Hal Quick, infielder
Persons who died here
Educational institutions located here
- Heather S. Shores: "Working to Play, Playing to Work: The Northwest Georgia Textile League", in Baseball in the Peach State, The National Pastime, SABR, Volume 40 (2010), pp. 18-29.