John J. Cronin
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 200 lb.
- Debut August 24, 1895
- Final Game October 3, 1904
- Born May 26, 1874 in Staten Island, NY USA
- Died July 12, 1929 in Middletown, NY USA
A pitcher, Cronin won 43 of his 100 decisions, usually posting an ERA close to the league average.
The New York Giants used him seven times in the outfield in 1902, although he was not a strong hitter. He was also a substitute umpire, working a couple of AL games in 1901, two in the NL in 1902 and one more in the senior circuit in 1903.
He is one of five major leaguers with the last name "Cronin". Joe Cronin was born in 1906, not long after Jack's major league career ended.
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 3 (1901, 1902 & 1904)
- 300 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1904)