Ethan Allen Blackaby
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 11", Weight 190 lb.
- School University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- High School Canton Senior High School
- Debut September 6, 1962
- Final Game October 4, 1964
- Born July 24, 1940 in Cincinnati, OH USA
Outfielder Ethan Blackaby played a couple of seasons with the Milwaukee Braves.
He was at the University of Illinois in 1960 at the same time as Ed Spiezio and Gary Kolb. He showed an ability to hit for average and power in the minors and was up in the majors by 1962. His minor league career ran through 1969.
In 1962 it was tough to get playing time with the Braves, who had Hank Aaron, Gus Bell and Mack Jones playing the outfield. Outfield backups included Lee Maye, Lou Johnson, Tommie Aaron, Denis Menke (who played some outfield as well as infield) and Hawk Taylor (who played 11 years as a backup).