Paul David Abbott
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 185 lb.
- High School Sunny Hills High School
- Debut August 21, 1990
- Final Game August 7, 2004
- Born September 15, 1967 in Van Nuys, CA USA
Paul Abbott was called up to the Minnesota Twins in 1990 despite having gone 5-14 with a 4.56 ERA in AAA. It was no surprise then, when Paul started out in the big leagues 0-5 for the last-place Twins. Abbott primarily wore number 37.
Abbott managed the Orange County Flyers of the Golden Baseball League in 2010. He became pitching coach of the Lowell Spinners in 2011-2012, Greenville Drive in 2013-2014, Salem Red Sox in 2015-2017, and Portland Sea Dogs in 2018-2019.
Abbott's son Lance Abbott pitched at Fullerton College in 2006-2007 before transferring to Sacramento State. He pitched one year in the minors. Abbott's other son, Trent Abbott, was drafted by the Oakland Athletics in 2007.
- 15 Wins Seasons: 1 (2001)
- Won a World Series with the Minnesota Twins in 1991 (he did not play in the World Series)
Year-By-Year Managerial Record
|2010||Orange County Flyers||Golden Baseball League||51-35||4th||Independent Leagues||Lost in 1st round|