Leroy Bobby Stanton
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 195 lb.
- High School Latta High School
- Debut September 10, 1970
- Final Game September 30, 1978
- Born April 10, 1946 in Latta, SC USA
- Died March 13, 2019 in Florence, SC USA
Leroy Stanton slugged 27 home runs to lead the Seattle Mariners in their inaugural season of 1977. Along with Frank Estrada, Don Rose and Nolan Ryan, he was traded by the New York Mets to the California Angels for Jim Fregosi after the 1971 season.
He missed the 1966 and 1967 seasons due to military service at the time of the Vietnam War.
He was killed in a single-vehicle crash when the pick-up truck he was driving went through a stop sign and crashed into a tree; he was not wearing a seat belt, was thrown from the vehicle and died instantly.
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 1 (1977)