4/8/2018, From the management: We have moved the Bullpen over to a new temporary server and a new permanent type of setup. It's a bit much to explain here, but I think it's working. Please let me know on User_talk:Admin if you see any issues. Thank you as always for your support.
James Harold Umbarger
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 6", Weight 200 lb.
- School Arizona State University
- High School Ulysses S. Grant High School (Van Nuys)
- Debut April 8, 1975
- Final Game September 28, 1978
- Born February 17, 1953 in Burbank, CA USA
The fourth Rochester Red Wings pitcher in the Longest game in baseball history, Jim Umbarger pitched 10 innings, striking out 9, walking none and allowing just 4 hits. He was replaced by Steve Grilli, who lost the game.
He had only one year in the minors (posting an ERA of 1.67 in the Eastern League) before coming to the majors. After his major league days he pitched in the minors through 1983.