Garrett Bernard Atkins
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 210 lb.
- School UCLA
- High school University High School (Irvine)
- Debut August 3, 2003
- Final Game June 25, 2010
- Born December 12, 1979 in Orange, CA USA
Garrett Atkins was a star at UCLA, being named as a freshman first team All-American in 1998, and a third team All-American in 2000. He was picked in the fifth round of the 2000 amateur draft by the Colorado Rockies and signed by scout Bo Hughes. Atkins made his pro debut in 2000 with the Portland Rockies. He hit over .300 at every stop but one in the minors. A peak was in 2004 with the Colorado Springs Sky Sox where his averages were .366/.434/.578 in 445 at-bats. He was also up with the major league Rockies that year for 28 at-bats, posting averages which were almost the same.
Atkins came into his own in 2006, slugging over .550 with the Colorado Rockies. In 2007, he was one of the main reasons for the Rockies clinching an unlikely spot in the postseason, as he hit .301 with 182 hits, including 35 doubles and 25 homers and driving in 111 runs; even in the favorable hitting environment of Colorado, this was good for a 113 OPS+.
- 2000 MVP Northwest League Portland Rockies
- 2005 Topps All-Star Rookie Team
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 3 (2006-2008)
- 100 RBI Seasons: 2 (2006 & 2007)
- 100 Runs Scored Seasons: 1 (2006)