4/8/2018, From the management: We have moved the Bullpen over to a new temporary server and a new permanent type of setup. It's a bit much to explain here, but I think it's working. Please let me know on User_talk:Admin if you see any issues. Thank you as always for your support.
Frederick Francis Mitchell
born Frederick Francis Yapp
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 9½", Weight 185 lb.
- Debut April 27, 1901
- Final Game June 15, 1913
- Born June 5, 1878 in Cambridge, MA USA
- Died October 13, 1970 in Newton, MA USA
After his playing career ended, Mitchell was a Boston Braves coach from 1914 to 1916. He went on to manage the Cubs from 1917 to 1920, winning a pennant in 1918, and piloted the Braves from 1921 to 1923. He then moved to Harvard University where he coached until 1939.
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1903)
- NL Pennants: 1 (1918)
|Chicago Cubs Manager
|Boston Braves Manager
- Bill Nowlin: "Fred Mitchell", in Bill Nowlin, Maurice Bouchard and Len Levin, eds.: New Century, New Team: The 1901 Boston Americans, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2013, pp. 117-127. ISBN 978-1-933599-58-8
- Bill Nowlin: "Fred Mitchell", in Bill Nowlin, ed.: The Miracle Braves of 1914: Boston's Original Worst-to-First World Series Champions, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2014, pp. 190-200. ISBN 978-1-933599-69-4