Daniel William Heep
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 5' 11", Weight 185 lb.
- School St. Mary's University
- High School Robert E. Lee High School (San Antonio)
- Debut August 31, 1979
- Final Game June 8, 1991
- Born July 3, 1957 in San Antonio, TX USA
Danny Heep played 13 years in the majors from 1979 to 1991, never getting more than 320 at-bats. He was a pinch-hitter and back-up outfielder and first baseman whose ability to come off the bench kept him in the majors for more than a decade. He also was used twice as a pitcher in the Major Leagues.
As of 2010, Danny was head baseball coach at University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio, TX. He became an assistant coach in 1993 and the head coach in 1998. He went 602-475 before stepping down following the 2017 season.
Heep is the nephew of big leaguer Matt Batts.
- 1979 Player of the Year Southern League Columbus Astros
- Won two World Series with the New York Mets (1986) and the Los Angeles Dodgers (1988)