Charles Bruce Edwards
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 7", Weight 194 lb.
- High School Sacramento High School
- Debut June 23, 1946
- Final Game September 13, 1956
- Born July 15, 1923 in Quincy, IL USA
- Died April 25, 1975 in Sacramento, CA USA
Edwards played in the minors in 1941 and 1942, then missed 1943 to 1945 due to military service. He became a regular as a 22-year-old rookie with the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1946, and although figuring in the 1947 MVP voting, had an arm injury the following year and lost his catching job in 1948 to the rookie Roy Campanella.
In 1947, the backup catcher behind him was the young Gil Hodges, soon to be moved to first base.
He managed the 1957 Visalia Redlegs to a first place finish.
After baseball he was an inventory control analyst and a movie projectionist.
- 2-time NL All-Star (1947 & 1951)