1946 St. Louis Cardinals
(Redirected from 1946 Cardinals)
1946 St. Louis Cardinals / Franchise: St. Louis Cardinals / BR Team Page
Record: 98-58, Finished 1st in National League (1946 NL)
World Series Champs
Managed by Eddie Dyer
Coaches: Mike Gonzalez and Buzzy Wares
History, Comments, Contributions
The 1946 St. Louis Cardinals' World Series roster did not have a single player who had ever previously played with any other major league team. Every member of the team had debuted in the majors in a Cardinals uniform.
Awards and Honors
- All-Stars: Whitey Kurowski, Marty Marion, Stan Musial, Howie Pollet, Red Schoendienst and Enos Slaughter
- NL MVP: Stan Musial
- Manager of the Year Award: Eddie Dyer
- Mel R. Freese: The St. Louis Cardinals in the 1940s, McFarland, Jefferson, NC, 2007.
- Jerome M. Mileur: The Stars Are Back: The St. Louis Cardinals, the Boston Red Sox, and Player Unrest in 1946, Southern Illinois University Press, Carbondale, IL, 2013. ISBN 978-0-8093-3271-7
- Robert Weintraub: The Victory Season: The End of World War II and the Birth of Baseball's Golden Age, Little, Brown and Company, New York, NY, 2013. ISBN 978-0316205917
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
This Month in Sports Reference
Find out when we add a feature or make a change
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.