Wilfred Charles Siebert
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 198 lb.
- School University of Missouri
- High School Bayless High School
- Debut April 26, 1964
- Final Game September 25, 1975
- Born January 14, 1937 in St. Marys, MO USA
Sonny Siebert authored a no-hitter against the second iteration of the Washington Senators on June 10, 1966, winning 2-0. His lone blemish in the game was a walk to Dick Nen in the 5th inning.
Siebert remains the last American League pitcher to have hit two home runs in one game. He did this on September 2, 1971, in a 3-0 win for the Boston Red Sox over the Baltimore Orioles.
- 1985 Pitching coach Las Vegas Stars
- 1986 Pitching coach Spokane Indians
- 1987-1988 Pitching coach Las Vegas Stars
- 1990 Pitching coach AZL Padres
- 1991 Pitching coach Waterloo Diamonds
- 1992-1993 Pitching coach Wichita Wranglers
- 1994-1995 Coach San Diego Padres
- 1996-1998 Pitching coach Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- 2-time AL All-Star (1966 & 1971)
- 15 Wins Seasons: 4 (1965, 1966, 1970 & 1971)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 4 (1966, 1968, 1970 & 1971)
We're Social...for Statheads
Every Sports Reference Social Media Account
Site Last Updated:
Question, Comment, Feedback, or Correction?
Subscribe to our Free Email Newsletter
This Month in Sports Reference
Find out when we add a feature or make a change
Do you have a sports website? Or write about sports? We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. Find out more.