Ronald Merrill Theobald
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 8", Weight 165 lb.
- Schools Contra Costa College, University of Arizona
- High School Berkeley High School, Ells High School
- Debut April 12, 1971
- Final Game October 4, 1972
- Born July 28, 1943 in Oakland, CA USA
- Died April 15, 2016 in Walnut Creek, CA USA
Ron was signed on March 15, 1964 as a free agent by the Chicago Cubs. He played at Berkeley High School in 1959 and Ells High School in Richmond, CA in 1960-1961. He then spent 1962 at Contra Costa Junior College and 1963 at the University of Arizona before signing.
Theobald was with the Denver Bears from 1967 to 1969 and part of 1970. He hit .309 in 1970 split between the Indianapolis Indians and Denver. He got his chance at the majors after he and Hank Allen were traded to the Brewers in exchange for Wayne Comer.