Michael Darren Young
- Bats Both, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 195 lb.
- School Chabot College, Saint Mary's College of California
- High School Hayward (CA) High School
- Debut September 14, 1982
- Final Game September 30, 1989
- Born March 20, 1960 in Oakland, CA USA
On May 27, 1987, Mike came into a game for the Orioles against the California Angels as a pinch-hitter for DH Jim Dwyer in the 5th inning. He struck out against Chuck Finley, but stayed in the game. He singled in the 7th, then led off the bottom of the 10th with a home run off DeWayne Buice to tie the game at 6, after the Angels had taken the lead in the top of the frame. The Angels scored another run in the top of the 12th, but Lee Lacy led off the bottom of the inning with a walk for the O's, and Young followed with another homer, again off Buice, to give Baltimore a dramatic 8-7 win. He would be the last player to homer twice in extra innings in a game until John Mayberry on June 4, 2013.