Mark Edward Wohlers
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 4", Weight 207 lb.
- High School Holyoke High School
- Debut August 17, 1991
- Final Game September 28, 2002
- Born January 23, 1970 in Holyoke, MA USA
Pitcher Mark Wohlers had a cameo in a sketch on Saturday Night Live on December 13, 1997.
His fastball was timed at 103 mph in a 1995 spring training game. However, Wohlers will always be remembered for giving the game-tying three-run home run to Jim Leyritz of the New York Yankees in Game 4 of the 1996 World Series. After that moment, he was never the same pitcher that he once was, as he began to struggle with his control and command, although there was nothing physically wrong with him. As a matter of fact, on August 22, 1998, the Atlanta Braves placed him on the disabled list listing as the reason "inability to pitch." He returned to pitch a few more seasons, but was never again dominant as he bounced from team to team.
- 1991 Pitcher of the Year Southern League Greenville Braves
- NL All-Star (1996)
- 30 Saves Seasons: 2 (1996 & 1997)
- Won a World Series with the Atlanta Braves in 1995