Joseph Paul Lonnett
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 180 lb.
- High School Beaver Falls High School
- Debut April 22, 1956
- Final Game September 26, 1959
- Born February 7, 1927 in Beaver Falls, PA USA
- Died December 5, 2011 in Beaver, PA USA
His minor league career started in 1947 and went through 1963. Much of it was spent in the International League, where he played eight years.
After his playing career ended, catcher Lonnett was a scout for the Philadelphia Phillies from 1963 to 1965. He next managed the Huron Phillies for two years, then returned to scouting from 1968 to 1970.
Lonnett was a coach was on Chuck Tanner's staff for many years. He was a Chicago White Sox coach from 1971 to 1971. He followed Tanner to the Oakland Athletics in 1976, and then as a member of the Pittsburgh Pirates staff from 1977 to 1984. He was the Pirates' roving catching instructor in 1992.