4/8/2018, From the management: We have moved the Bullpen over to a new temporary server and a new permanent type of setup. It's a bit much to explain here, but I think it's working. Please let me know on User_talk:Admin if you see any issues. Thank you as always for your support.
Gerald Robert Zimmerman
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 185 lb.
- High School Milwaukie High School
- Debut April 14, 1961
- Final Game September 22, 1968
- Born September 21, 1934 in Omaha, NE USA
- Died September 9, 1998 in Neskowin, OR USA
Jerry Zimmerman was one of the original coaches of the expansion Montreal Expos in 1969. He remained with the club through 1975. He was also a coach for the Minnesota Twins. In both stops, he was working for manager Gene Mauch.
When the major league umpires staged a one-day strike on August 25, 1978, Zimmerman and Toronto Blue Jays coach Don Leppert were pressed into duty to help out the three amateur umpires working that day's game. Leppert umpired at second base and Zimmerman at third base, as it was felt fairer to use one coach from each team and have five umpires, rather than stage the game with only three umps, all amateurs.
- Norm King: "Jerry Zimmerman", in Gregory H. Wolf, ed.: A Pennant for the Twin Cities: the 1965 Minnesota Twins, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2015, pp. 296-299. ISBN 978-1-943816-09-5