Huston Lowell Street
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 185 lb.
- School University of Texas at Austin
- High School Westlake High School (TX)
- Debut April 6, 2005
Huston Street had three saves in 2002 Haarlem Baseball Week and pitched 3 1/3 scoreless innings in the final to hold on to team USA's one-run lead. He followed by allowing 1 run in 2 2/3 IP in the 2002 World University Championship. In the 2003 Pan American Games, Street turned in an amazing relief performance in the semifinals against Mexico. He worked 8 2/3 innings, throwing 94 pitches, and allowed no runs as the US triumphed 3-2 in 14 innings to go on to the Gold Medal game (which they lost).
His father, James Street, better known as a star quarterback for the University of Texas, was drafted by the Cleveland Indians in the 31st round of the 1970 amateur draft. His brother, Juston Street, played in the Athletics system in 2008 and 2009.
- 2005 AL Rookie of the Year Award
- 2005 Topps All-Star Rookie Team
- 2-time NL All-Star (2012 & 2014)
- 30 Saves Seasons: 5 (2006, 2009 & 2013-2015)
- 40 Saves Seasons: 2 (2014 & 2015)
|AL Rookie of the Year|
|Bobby Crosby||Huston Street||Justin Verlander|
- Alden Gonzalez: "Street view: This is an Angel, in real life: The Halos' closer takes his father's words to heart every day", mlb.com, March 16, 2016.