Edward Frank Mierkowicz
(Butch or Mouse)
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 4", Weight 205 lb.
- High School Theodore Roosevelt High School (Wyandotte)
- Debut August 31, 1945
- Final Game April 19, 1950
- Born March 6, 1924 in Wyandotte, MI USA
- Died May 19, 2017 in Rochester Hills, MI USA
You could say that Mouse Mierkowicz either hit the peak of success in his major league career, or that his career went nowhere. On one hand, he was already playing in the 1945 World Series with the winning team, the Detroit Tigers, at age 21. On the other hand, his total major league career only lasted 63 at-bats from 1945 to 1950.
At 6' 4", it's obvious why he was called Mouse.
He was with the Sacramento Solons briefly in 1955.
When he died in 2017, he was the last surviving member of the 1945 Tigers championship team.