Douglas James Konieczny
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 4", Weight 220 lb.
- School St. Clair County Community College, Wayne State University
- High School St. Ladislaus High School (Hamtramck)
- Debut September 11, 1973
- Final Game April 30, 1977
- Born September 27, 1951 in Detroit, MI USA
Doug Konieczny was at Wayne State University in 1970 and is the only major league player to come out of Wayne State through 2006. He was a picked by the Houston Astros in the secondary phase of the January 1971 amateur draft and came to the majors at age 21 in 1973.
He was with the Astros for four seasons, serving as a regular part of the starting rotation in 1975, when he pitched 171 innings. The other members of the rotation that year were Larry Dierker, J.R. Richard, and Dave Roberts. Konieczny was the youngest of them, and was also a year younger than centerfielder Cesar Cedeno.