Daniel Francis Costello
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0½", Weight 185 lb.
- School Mount St. Mary's College and Seminary
- Debut July 2, 1913
- Final Game August 18, 1916
- Born September 9, 1891 in Jessup, PA USA
- Died March 26, 1936 in Pittsburgh, PA USA
Dan Costello led the National League in pinch hits in 1915 with the Pittsburgh Pirates. He was a pinch-hitter almost as often as he played in the field, seeing his most action in 71 games in '15. Though listed as being in college from 1911-1914, he was already playing major league ball by 1913 with the New York Yankees. He was briefly in New York in early July, presumably after school ended, and then did the bulk of his work with the Pirates from 1914-1916.