Hiram Cleo Carlyle
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 170 lb.
- School Georgia Military College, Oglethorpe University
- Debut May 16, 1927
- Final Game October 1, 1927
- Born September 7, 1902 in Fairburn, GA USA
- Died November 12, 1967 in Los Angeles, CA USA
Cleo was born in Fairburn, GA in 1902. He attended Oglethorpe University a few years before Luke Appling was there. While Cleo got his start in minor league ball playing in the South, most of his minor-league career was actually spent on the West Coast. He played seven years for the Hollywood Stars, three for the Los Angeles Angels and one for the San Diego Padres (each one being a team in the Pacific Coast League). The book The Hollywood Stars has a photo of him in a Hollywood uniform.
While with the 1927 Red Sox, he was the # 4 outfielder on the team, playing a lot of right field and left field.