Otis Bernard Gilkey
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 190 lb.
- High School University City (MO) High School
- Debut September 4, 1990
- Final Game October 7, 2001
- Born September 24, 1966 in St. Louis, MO USA
Bernard Gilkey was an outfielder who played 12 seasons in the major leagues.
He stole more than 50 bases twice in the minors, leading the Texas League in 1989 with 53 for the Arkansas Travelers. He also led the Texas League in runs that season, with 104. He had 3 hits in one inning in 1990 versus the Nashville Sounds while playing for the AAA Louisville Redbirds. He hit a three-run homer and 2 singles during the 16-run inning.
The three most similar players through 2014, according to the similarity scores method, are Orlando Merced, Dan Ford and Troy O'Leary. In the film Men in Black, Gilkey appears as the the New York Mets' outfielder mesmerized by the sight of a UFO over Shea Stadium.
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 1 (1996)
- 30-Home Run Seasons: 1 (1996)
- 100 RBI Seasons: 1 (1996)
- 100 Runs Scored Seasons: 1 (1996)