Shane David Halter
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 160 lb.
- School Seminole State College, University of Texas at Austin
- High School Hooks High School
- Debut April 6, 1997
- Final Game October 3, 2004
- Born November 8, 1969 in La Plata, MD USA
On October 1, 2000, Shane Halter of the Detroit Tigers became the fourth big leaguer to play all nine positions in a single game. He went 4 for 5 with a double and 3 RBI and walked Matt LeCroy, the only batter he faced, as his club defeated the Minnesota Twins 12-11. The three other players to accomplish this feat are Bert Campaneris, Cesar Tovar, and Scott Sheldon.