Richard Alan Rhoden
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 195 lb.
- High School Atlantic Community High School
- Debut July 5, 1974
- Final Game September 29, 1989
- Born May 16, 1953 in Boynton Beach, FL USA
As a 8-year-old child, Rick Rhoden went on a slip-and-slide and impaled himself on a pair of rusty scissors. He then developed symptoms of polio. He used a cane to walk with until the age of 12. He underwent an operation to remove part of his left knee so that it would not outgrow his right one.
After ending his baseball career, pitcher Rhoden went on to win multiple celebrity golf tournaments, earning over a million dollars.
He was probably the best hitting pitcher of his era with a .238 career average, 9 home runs and 75 RBI's. He started a game as the designated hitter and recorded an RBI on a sacrifice fly as a member of the New York Yankees on June 11, 1988.
- 2-time NL All-Star (1976 & 1986)
- 3-time NL Silver Slugger Award Winner (1984-1986)
- NL Winning Percentage Leader (1976)
- 15 Wins Seasons: 3 (1977, 1986 & 1987)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 6 (1977 & 1982-1986)