Norman Downs Branch
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 200 lb.
- School University of Texas at Austin
- Debut May 5, 1941
- Final Game August 20, 1942
- Born March 22, 1915 in Spokane, WA USA
- Died November 21, 1971 in Navasota, TX USA
Norm Branch pitched two years for the New York Yankees, enjoying a good year in 1941 with a record of 5-1 and an ERA of 2.87 in 27 games in relief. He went into the Coast Guard at the end of 1942 and pitched service ball during the war. He had a sore arm in 1945 and pitched only one more year, 1946, in the minors. Thereafter, he pitched semipro ball. Main source: Baseball in Wartime  Norm played four years in the minors before his time in the bigs. During that time, with the Kansas City Blues, the Norfolk Tars and the Newark Bears, he went 47-27.