William Kyle Rote
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 199 lb.
- School Southern Methodist University
- High School Thomas Jefferson High School
- Born October 27, 1927 in San Antonio, TX USA
- Died August 15, 2002 in Baltimore, MD USA
Kyle Rote, who would go on to become a college football and National Football League star, spent one season in the minor leagues. He appeared in 22 games for the Corpus Christi Aces of the high-scoring Class-B Gulf Coast League, hitting .348 with seven home runs in 22 games. His slugging percentage was .712.
Rote was elected to the College Football Hall of Fame in 1964. He was the first overall draft pick in the 1951 NFL draft and was a four-time Pro Bowler by the time his career was over. He became a broadcaster later on.
His son, Kyle Rote, Jr., is in the National Soccer Hall of Fame. His cousin, Tobin Rote, played professional football from 1950 to 1966.