Karl Douglas Pagel
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 2", Weight 190 lb.
- School Glendale Community College (AZ), University of Texas at Austin
- High School Washington High School (Phoenix)
- Debut September 21, 1978
- Final Game September 30, 1983
- Born March 29, 1955 in Madison, WI USA
"It's a lot easier to get there than to stay there." - Karl Pagel, talking about the difficulties of sticking in the major leagues
One of several promising players in the Chicago Cubs organization in the 1970s, Karl Pagel, like most, did not make it to big league stardom in spite of some terrific minor league years. Most of his playing time came with the Cleveland Indians after he was traded for Cliff Johnson. Pagel hit .232 in 48 major league games.
Pagel was remembered in an April 18, 2007 article in the Chicago Sun Times about Felix Pie, another can't-miss prospect. The article recalled that Pagel was such a can't-miss player that he appeared on the front page of the Wall Street Journal. As of 2007, Pagel was a UPS driver in the Phoenix, AZ area living with his wife and adopted son.