- Bats Right, Throws Unknown
- Height 5' 9", Weight 160 lb.
- Debut May 2, 1884
- Final Game October 12, 1892
- Born September 5, 1856 in Toronto, ON CAN
- Died February 11, 1912 in Jersey City, NJ USA
Jimmy Knowles played five seasons in the majors, spread out in 1884, 1886-1887, 1890 and 1892. His best year was with the Rochester Broncos in 1890 Broncos, when he was among the American Association leaders in home runs and RBI.
Knowles was born in Toronto, ON. He had a pro ball career that lasted through age 40 in 1897.
He also managed at Elmira in 1892. He laso worked two National League games as an umpire that year.