4/19/2018, From the management: We have moved the Bullpen over to its new permanent server setup. It's a bit much to explain here, but I think it's working mostly. We have an issue where some requests are blocked due to too many images on a page. I'm working on fixing that issue today. Please let me know on User_talk:Admin if you see any issues. Thank you as always for your support.
James Newton Duryea (Cyclone Jim)
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 175 lb.
- Debut April 20, 1889
- Final Game July 15, 1893
- Born September 7, 1859 in Osage, IA USA
- Died August 19, 1942 in Algona, IA USA
Jesse "Cyclone Jim" Duryea pitched five years in the majors. By far his best year was as a rookie in 1889, when he went 32-19. He was in the minors between 1886 and 1896, with a notable year in 1888 when he went 23-11.
His brother was George Duryea, also a pitcher, who had a substantial minor league career. George was said to have won 35 games in 1897 for Horton.
". . . manager Loftus, Jerry Harrington, Billy Rhines, Arlie Latham and Jim Duryea, all board at the same house in Cincinnati. Jim Keenan, Lefty Marr, Joe Knight and Frank Foreman live just around the corner." - Sporting Life, Sept. 20, 1890
- 20 Wins Seasons: 1 (1889)
- 30 Wins Seasons: 1 (1889)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 2 (1889 & 1890)
- 300 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1889)
- 400 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1889)