Jerry Wayne Mumphrey
- Bats Both, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 185 lb.
- High School Chapel Hill High School (Tyler)
- Debut September 10, 1974
- Final Game September 30, 1988
- Born September 9, 1952 in Tyler, TX USA
Outfielder Jerry Mumphrey played 15 years in the majors (1974-1988), collecting 1,442 hits over his career with a batting average of .289. Mumphrey was a switch-hitter who batted much better from the left side - his career average was .302 swinging lefty but only .256 from the right side. Mumphrey's main asset was speed, allowing him to steal 174 bases in the bigs with a high of 52 steals for the San Diego Padres in 1980.
- NL All-Star (1984)
- 50 Stolen Bases Seasons: 1 (1980)