Emmett Eugene Dale
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 179 lb.
- Debut September 19, 1911
- Final Game July 2, 1916
- Born June 16, 1889 in St. Louis, MO USA
- Died March 20, 1958 in St. Louis, MO USA
"Gene Dale did the pitching against Matty, and he was far better than the veteran." - New York Times, July 13, 1915, about a ballgame in which Dale outpitched Christy Mathewson
Gene Dale played four seasons in the majors. Most notably, he went 18-17 with the Cincinnati Reds in 1915. In November of 1920, Dale was expelled from Organized Ball for allegedly conspiring to throw games while with the Salt Lake City Bees.
- 15 Wins Seasons: 1 (1915)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1915)