Eugene Holmes Curtis (Eude)
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 220 lb.
- School West Virginia University
- Debut September 21, 1903
- Final Game September 26, 1903
- Born May 5, 1883 in Bethany, WV USA
- Died January 1, 1919 in Steubenville, OH USA
Gene Curtis is one of the few players who can say he hit better than Honus Wagner. After being at West Virginia University in 1902, he came up in September 1903 with Wagner's 1903 Pittsburgh Pirates, and hit .421 in 5 games. Wagner hit .355 for the season. Curtis never came back to the majors. Curtis returned to the minors, playing throughout the 1900s. Curtis managed two low-level minor league teams, leading the Clarksville Billies in 1911 and the Steubenville-Follansbee Stubs in 1912.