4/8/2018, From the management: We have moved the Bullpen over to a new temporary server and a new permanent type of setup. It's a bit much to explain here, but I think it's working. Please let me know on User_talk:Admin if you see any issues. Thank you as always for your support.
Edward M. Daily
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Weight 174 lb.
- Debut May 4, 1885
- Final Game July 14, 1891
- Born September 7, 1862 in Providence, RI USA
- Died October 21, 1891 in Washington, DC USA
Ed Daily was a busy two-way player from 1885 to 1891. He appeared in 497 games as an outfielder, 151 as a pitcher, and one game as a first baseman. As a hitter he hit only .239, but he stole 235 bases with a high of 62 in 1890. As a pitcher he had a record of 66-70 with an ERA of 3.39. His busiest year was 1890, when he went 18-18 as a pitcher and also had 489 at-bats. He had batted more the previous year, 1889, but only pitched twice.
His career started in 1885 solely as a pitcher. Although he hit only .207 that year, he was used a lot as an outfielder for the rest of his career. He pitched relatively few times from 1887-89, but then was used more extensively as a pitcher in 1890-91. He died in 1891 after having played that season in the majors.
He pitched with a handkerchief hanging out of his back pocket. Was it a way to distract the hitters?
- 100 Runs Scored Seasons: 1 (1889)
- 50 Stolen Bases Seasons: 2 (1889 & 1890)
- 20 Wins Seasons: 1 (1885)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 3 (1885, 1886 & 1890)
- 300 Innings Pitched Seasons: 2 (1885 & 1890)
- 400 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1885)