Frank O'Donnell Hurst
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 0", Weight 215 lb.
- School Ohio State University
- Debut May 13, 1928
- Final Game September 20, 1934
- Born August 12, 1905 in Maysville, KY USA
- Died December 6, 1952 in Los Angeles, CA USA
Although Don Hurst had only four seasons where he got over 400 at-bats, he had a distinguished career, finishing in the top ten in the league in RBI four times, finishing in the top ten in homers three times, and finishing in the top ten in walks four times - including in 1928 when he had fewer than 400 at-bats.
His best year was 1932, when he was 7th in the MVP voting and led the league in RBI.
He played with the minor-league Los Angeles Angels in 1934 and 1935, and then was player-manager for the Hamilton Red Wings in 1937. After his retirement from baseball, he lived in the Los Angeles area, where he was a maintenance worker at the Veterans Memorial Auditorium in Culver City, CA. He died of cancer at age 47.
- NL RBI Leader (1932)
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 2 (1929 & 1932)
- 30-Home Run Seasons: 1 (1929)
- 100 RBI Seasons: 2 (1929 & 1932)
- 100 Runs Scored Seasons: 2 (1929 & 1932)