4/8/2018, From the management: We have moved the Bullpen over to a new temporary server and a new permanent type of setup. It's a bit much to explain here, but I think it's working. Please let me know on User_talk:Admin if you see any issues. Thank you as always for your support.
Richard Henry Pole
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 210 lb.
- School Northern Michigan University
- High School Ewen-Trout Creek High School
- Debut August 3, 1973
- Final Game July 18, 1978
- Born October 13, 1950 in Trout Creek, MI USA
After his playing career ended, Pole was a big league coach with the Chicago Cubs (1988-1991), San Francisco Giants (1993-1997), Boston Red Sox (1998), Anaheim Angels (1999), Cleveland Indians (2000-2001), and Montreal Expos (2002). He rejoined the Cubs coaching staff in 2003 and remained with them through the 2006 season. In 2007, he became the Cincinnati Reds' pitching coach.
- 1983-1984 Coach Quad City Cubs
- 1986 Coach Pittsfield Cubs
- 1987 Coach Iowa Cubs
- 1992 Pitching Coach Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bill Nowlin: "Dick Pole", in Bill Nowlin and Cecilia Tan, ed.: '75:The Red Sox Team that Saved Baseball, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2015, pp. 82-85. ISBN 978-1-933599-97-7